The Monroe City School Board is committed to providing educationalopportunities for all students appropriate to individual abilities; tomonitor and improve the quality and performance of the school system; toassume a leadership role; to employ staff members dedicated to themaintenance of an outstanding school system; and to emphasize continuedinvolvement by the citizenry for the benefit of the young people of the district.
Additionally, the Board’s goals as reflected in the annual budget are:
- Interpret the educational needs and aspirations of the community through the formulation of policies which stimulate the learner and the learning process;
- Manage the school system in accordance with statutory requirements;
- Provide leadership in each school in order that the goals and objectives of the school system (as set forth in the Board Policy Manual and the budgets) can be effectively carried out;
- Maintain two-way communication with the various publics served by the schools in order to interpret public attitudes, to identify policies and procedures of the schools, and to encourage public involvement with and understanding of the schools; and,
- Develop and provide the data appropriate for the management functions of planning, evaluating, organizing, controlling, and executing.