WOSSMAN HIGH LIBRARY
Angela Bass, Librarian
LIBRARY. . .Here is where people, one frequently finds, lower their voices, and raise their minds. (Richard Armour)MISSION STATEMENT
We encourage active study and exploration of all the resources in the library. Our mission is to support the curriculum of Wossman High School and to ensure that all students, teachers and staff members are effective users of ideas and information. To do so, we attempt to provide access to current, adequate, and appropriate information resources. If you need help, please ask. Please respect the needs of others and follow the rules below. Thanks for your help. We hope to see you often!
Remember, we are here to help you!
SERVICES: What we can do for you
- Provide instruction and help in the use of library information, materials, and equipment.
- Provide a quiet, attractive, and friendly place for study.
- Provide help and resources for assignments and personal information needs.
- Provide recreational books, information, and materials.
- Purchase books, materials, and equipment to support WHS educational goals.
RESOURCES: What we have for you
- In print: Books, magazines (current and back issues), newspapers, and plays.
- Electronic: Informational databases, Internet resources, Encyclopedias, Career Information. (These resources are also accessible from home through our Monroe City School System Web Page.)
- Word Processing, Database/Spreadsheets, and Presentation Software.
- Equipment: Computers, TVs, and VCRs, Channel One tapes, Taping ability from A&E In the Classroom, and the History Channel, and Laminating.
PROCEDURES: To keep our library running smoothly
- Regular book checkout period is two weeks. (Exception: reference books can only be checked out overnight by permission, after last period and must be returned before 8:00 a.m. the following day).
- If you have an overdue book, you cannot check out any library materials.
- There is a $.10/day fine for overdue books and a $.25/day fine for overdue reference books and magazines.
- Periodicals are available upon request and may be checked out for 3 days.
- Only three items may be checked out at the same time.
- All lost items must be paid for.
RULES: What you can do to make this a better place for everyone…
- All students entering the library during regular school hours must have a library pass from their teacher. No student will be admitted without a pass.
- Speak quietly and behave in a manner consistent with study.
- Do not bring food, candy, or drinks into the library.
- All items taken from the library must be checked out.