Substitute Locator Program Instructions
Monroe City Schools utilizes the Substitute Locator Program to give teachers a means to report absences twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. A teacher can schedule absences at any future date by simply calling into the program and stating the dates of absence. The sub-locator staff member will receive all calls and obtain an approved substitute teacher to fill his/her position for the days requested.
Any absence in excess of six (6) consecutive days must be substantiated by a physician’s statement to be filed with the Human Resource Department within fifteen (15) days of illness or sick leave. All medical leaves in excess of two (2) weeks requires a medical certification form AND school board approval. Any unsubstantiated absences for medical or other purposes will result in salary adjustment in accordance with School Board Policy and State law requirements.
Accessing the Substitute Teacher Locator Program
A. Teachers Assigned to One (1) School
- Enter 325-0601 to access the school district switchboard
- Enter extension 3018 or 3019 to access the Sub Locator Program
- Enter the following information:
- Name, School, Grade/Subject
- Social Security Number
- Date(s) absent
- Reason for absence (illness, professional, death in family, personal, jury duty or other)
- Specific substitute teachers may be requested and will be assigned when possible
- To review your message and for other options, press round (#). Listen to the message played back. If incorrect for any reason, please follow the directions to correct or erase the message.
B. Itinerant Teachers (Teachers who service more than one school)
- Enter 325-0601 to access the school district switchboard.
- Enter extension 3018 or 3019 to access the Sub Locator Program.
- Immediately identify yourself as an itinerant teacher.
- Give your homebased school and your daily class schedule, listing each school and the duration of your absence.
- Enter the same information listed under "A" for "teachers assigned to one school"
Cancellation of Request for Substitute
Call the Sub Locator at the earliest possible date to report cancellation of a request for a substitute teacher. Use the instructions under "A." procedures to access the program and leave your name, social security number, and school. Clearly indicate that you are cancelling your prior request for the substitute teacher, the dates previously requested, and any other information you believe to be relevant.
Whenever possible ALWAYS notify your principal of the days you will be absent from school. Principals will be notified by fax, email or telephone at the earliest moment the sub locator has been unsuccessful in obtaining a substitute teacher.