Monroe City Schools offers the best and the safest means of transportation for its students. The school bus drivers and mechanics play a very important role in the district. The department’s success depends on educating the students, parents, and drivers regarding school bus safety.
How You Can Help Keep Students Safe
- Drive slowly and obey speed limits in all residential and school zone areas.
- Respect a stopped bus. When the stop arm of a bus is extended for loading and unloading, motorist traveling in both directions must stop. DO NOT go around the extended arm of a bus. A child may be approaching directly in your path. Motorists should not begin to move until the bus begins to move.
- Discuss the Bus Riding Rules with your child to ensure they understand them. Stress the importance of adhering to the rules and the consequences if they do not.
- In order to be eligible for transportation on a MCSB bus, each student must have a Bus Registration Form on file in the transportation office.
- In order to request a bus for field trips or other special occasions, please submit a:
- Bus Request Form. Designated personnel may also access the online Field Trip Request form.
- Monroe City Schools Transportation Complaint/Inquiry Form
To use these forms you must have the latest version of Adobe Reader downloaded.
Manager, 812-3998 x3038