Working with Delve and OneDrive
- If someone has shared a document with you via your email, you will get a notification. Click on the link in the notification to open the document.
The easiest thing to do is to download the documents to your desktop. I would create a folder to store all of my shared documents on my desktop.
To create a folder, right click anywhere on your desktop. The standard menu should look like:
Click on "New" and you will see the first option should be "Folder."
Select the "Folder" option and a new folder will be created on your desktop. You can name this folder now or right-click on it and rename it later.
Select this folder when you are saving downloaded documents or completed documents.
- To open your Office 365, open your internet browser and type the address: portal.office.com
- You will see the sign-in page and your credentials are your entire MCS email address and your MCS email password. You no longer have to contact MIS to get a temporary password!
You will see the following screen:
- To upload and share files, click on the "one Drive" icon.
You will see a listing of all of the files in your One Drive, plus this menu at the top:
- To place your files on One Drive, select the "Upload" option. You will have the option of uploading individual files or a folder. This will depend on what you are trying to accomplish. If you are trying to upload your folder of documents you have created, the choice would be "folder."
You will see the menu as it appears to the right here:
Select the folder you want to upload and click OK. You can only upload one folder at a time, but the folder can contain many items.
If you want to upload/store another folder, just repeat the process.
To share your selected file or folder, right-click on the folder or file. You will see:
Select the share option.
Be aware that you can do many other things with this folder.
If you delete it, you will have to upload it again. There is no undo button on commands.
Once share is selected, you will see:
- Enter the email addresses of the people you wish to share the file/folder with, and select the permissions for the users. You can allow them to edit or view the file/folder.
- Click the SHARE button, and you are done. An email will be sent to the people on the list with a link for them to click and open the file/folder.
- When this step is completed, when you click on "Shared with" you will see the list of people and their access level.