The School Board will not allow any student to wear clothing that distracts from or disrupts the school's learning environment. The student's cleanliness and grooming will also be considered. The principal will have the final say in what is or is not proper dress. The students as well as the parents are expected to use good judgment regarding dress and appearance.
- Shorts, skirts, and split-skirts shall be allowed so long as they measure no shorter than three (3) inches above the knee when the student is standing.
- Capri pants are acceptable as long as they are not clinging to the body.
- Biking shorts, boxer shorts worn as outer wear, sweat suits, warm-ups, jogging suits, pants with unrepaired holes, skin-tight pants and pants worn below the waist shall not be allowed.
- Leggings worn under dresses, skirts, or shorts shall be allowed.
- All pants with belt loops must be worn with a belt or other acceptable accessory for holding up pants (such as suspenders).
- Baggy or drooping pants that fall off the hips are not allowed.
- Tank tops worn layered with other garments shall be allowed.
- Shoulders, underarm areas, and midriffs must be covered at all times, including when arms are raised. Sleeveless shirts shall not be allowed.
- All shirts must be tucked in.
- All shoes having strings or buckles must have the strings tied and the buckles buckled at all times
- Backless sandals, flip flops, and bedroom slippers shall not be allowed. All shoes must have backs.
- Hair shall be neat, well-groomed, and clean all times and shall not obstruct the face.
- Shaved parts in the hair shall be limited to two (2) and each part shall not exceed three (3) inches in length.
- Numbers, designs, symbols, words, and phrases cut in the hair which are offensive or disrupt the educational process shall not be allowed.
- Hair styles, and hair dyed outlandish colors which cause a disruption to the educational process shall not be allowed.
- Hair rollers, nets, and plastic caps shall not be allowed.
- Garments advertising liquor and tobacco products, offensive messages, or offensive language shall not be allowed.
- Tattoos which display offensive messages or other offensive language must be hidden from view at all times.
- Undergarments must be hidden from view at all times.
- Caps, hats, sunglasses, or bandannas may not be worn inside school buildings.
- Gang related clothing is prohibited.
- Males will not be allowed to wear earrings, nose rings or any body piercing of any kind.
- Females may wear earrings only; but will not be allowed to wear nose rings, or anybody piercings of any kind. Band-Aids and/or other coverings are unacceptable.